Friday 7 November 2014

Cape Town Cuisine

The variety of food available in Cape Town is endless! The city boasts an array of traditional dishes but is also known for its amazing gourmet foods. Just the other day I was watching a program on TV about cuisine around the world and I was not that surprised when they featured Cape Town for their fantastic Malay curries. Cape Town features some tastes of the world in any way possible, celebrating not only the best of the world, but the best of Cape Town. Food served in fancy restaurants, fast food outlets to food served from trailers parked on the side of the road; the food business in Cape Town is booming.  

There are definitely some favourites among the locals as to which places to dine according what they may feel like eating. These places often go on word-of-mouth or simply following family customs. Research is sometimes done as to where to dine, this is usually on a special occasion and I can vouch for that. I don’t necessarily have any favourites which come to mind right now, but I do love Italian, so offer me some pasta or pizza and you will be my friend for life. Of course I do understand that you basically handing me a plate full of carbs, but life is too short to count every calorie right? 

Cape Town also plays host to many internationally owned restaurants, and strangely enough the tourists love this as it makes them feel at home even though they are away from home. Food, it is an ice-breaker, a conversation starter, a mender, a comforter and it is what keeps us alive. You can find some great places to dine in Cape Town by following the link : http://www.dining-out.co.za/Cape-Town-restaurants.asp


No comments:

Post a Comment